Lights..Camera..Reaction!: Crawl

As if alligators weren't scary enough! Now I have a Jaws level fear of them. Damn you Crawl, but also good job! I didn't have high expectations for this film, as I'm not a huge horror fan. But I was pleasantly surprised! And Crawl earned itself a silver star rating...
pixabay.com
Time to get down to the Jimmy Business! And SPOILERS WILL BE AHEAD! So if you haven't seen Crawl, stop reading and go watch it! Then come back and read my reaction please...
greenpawpaw.wordpress.com
First off, this might have been craziest movie theater experience of my life. I watched Crawl while vacationing down in Florida with my family. The film is set during a hurricane in Florida, and about halfway through the showtime the power cut out! Apparently there was a severe thunderstorm happening just outside. Needless to say I was pretty freaked out, and may have possibly wet my pants! But anyways you guys probably want to hear about Crawl...
giphy.com
The story follows a collegiate swimmer, Haley (played by Kaya Scodelario), as she travels into hurricane/alligator territory to rescue her father who is trapped in the crawl space of their home. I personally loved every jump scare and alligator kill. Plus the visuals were amazing! Whether it was the hurricane wreaking havoc, or neat underwater shots. Everything was super realistic. Except for Haley's dad surviving. He should definitely be dead. Kinda reminded me of...
Giphy
But honestly, I recommend any horror lover to go see this film. The only negative critiques I have about it are the logistics, but hey, movies are supposed to suspend disbelief! And I know it's a short review, but the plot's pretty straightforward. Don't get eaten! Please leave your comments or questions below! Until the next rant...
carolinahuddle.com
- Jimmy, TGYK

Comments

Popular Posts