Lights..Camera..Reaction!: John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum

If I could sum it up in 2 words it would be, TOTALLY BADASS! Keanu Reeves put on another fantastic performance, and the coordinated fight scenes were amazing. So bravos and great job to the directors, writers, cast, and everybody involved in this film! I award you all with...
reddit.com
Alright with the thanks out of the way, I'd like to get down to the Jimmy business! I really like saying that, as you can tell. But before I go any further, SPOILERS WILL BE AHEAD! So if you're still reading and don't want to hate me...
knowyourmeme.com
First off, John Wick killed A LOT of people! Out of the three films, I'd say this one had the highest body count. And each kill was entertaining! Some of my favorites were; inducting the giant into the book club, horse kicks (yes I said horse), every knife/Samurai fight, and the motorcycle death derby. But there are so many more! Also Halle Berry, playing Sofia, had an excellent introduction into the John Wick universe. She is SUPER deadly, and her Weiner biting dogs were awesome too! To put it plainly...
최고 Body Count GIF들 | Gfycat에서 최고 GIF 찾기
Moving on to the actual plot, I liked it! Parabellum means "prepare for war" in Latin, which is the bare essence of this movie. It wasn't anything elaborate or complex, but it doesn't need to be. Starting with John Wick being hunted by every assassin for the "Ex-Communicato" tag was really cool. As an audience member, I felt like I was in his shoes because you didn't know who was an assassin. It could have been anybody, which made it a bit suspenseful too. And John obviously didn't want to have the "kick me" sign on him forever, so he uses a few alliances to reach the Elder.  Where he pledged his loyalty back to the High Table, and was awfully similar to...
The Escapist
Then John Wick was tasked to murder his friend Winston, the Continental hotel manager. But decided to instead defend him, and start a war with the High Table. My only negative critique I have about the film was with the Adjudicator. She is played by Asia Kate Dillon, who is a great actor, but I feel she could have been more effective. The Adjudicator basically represents the High Table and upholds their justice, but I wish we could have seen her personal wrath. Maybe a few kills to illustrate her power? But anyways back to plot reaction, I was not expecting Winston to betray John! Basically had John do his bidding, then stabbed him in the back (but really thrown off a building). Plus, they couldn't have set up the fourth installment any better. Although I was surprised to find Bowery King still alive, I guess he was just like...
reddit.com
I would strongly recommend John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum to anyone! You don't "need" to see the first 2 films but I RECOMMEND it. They're amazing too! But I can't wait to see what's next, and the war between the High and Under Table! Where the carnage will be ridiculous... Thanks for reading and please leave any comments or questions below!

- Jimmy, TGYK

Comments

Popular Posts